Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home from HOOT

Dear Friends,
I am amazed how much time has passed since I last updated this blog. I am sorry for the absence. I am back. Thank you to all of you who have been patient with me. David and Mark, thank you for the gentle nudges.

Much has happened since I last posted. Here is a quick review:
We have six Global Art Offices around the world: Australia, Taiwan, Canada, Europe, Japan, US and Korea.

Testing on the first 13 colors has been completed. We have placed our initial order. We expect it to be delivered to each office by October. I will keep you up to date.

I am taking preorders for the 12 color set and Gold. You can complete an interest form on GlobalArtSupply.com. I will contact you for additional order and payment information when we are ready to ship.

We are now home from HOOT. Held in Columbus, OH, it was a great show. Well run with lots of classses and exhibitors. If you could not make it this year, try to come next year. You will love it as much as we do.

This year I took out a booth for Global Art Supply. I wanted to let people know the HMM was on its way as well as promote education and learning. The Seymours and Dawbons came into the show to do make-it-take-its. They helped me set up the booth with free online education items. We also set up sample boards from the Heritage Education Program.

We had a beautiful flyer made up that listed all of the products from Global Art Supply: Heritage MultiMedia, Global Palettes and brushes. Additional flyers were made to about the free online education classes and the forum. I lost count how many we handed out. I am just glad I brought a lot.

We met several beginning painters. Paul and Cathy had them lining up to take the MITIs. They were very interested in the educational opportunities. And as they left the table, I heard several say "Look what I did!" Several shop owners and teachers stopped by. They are eager to have the new HMM to offer to their students and customers. Very successful show.

Regarding the new brushes; I spoke with our manufacturer at HOOT. We will have new brush samples in a few weeks. I have decided to use the standard handle length. Too many stories about near misses with the longer handles. I think you will be pleased.

Talk with you again soon.
Sincerely,
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment